Getting a random message “Outlook keeps asking for password” again and again?
Want to solve this issue but don’t have any clue? Well, this article is written only for you, so stop all the work and read the article thoroughly. We will discuss solutions that will be very effective in solving this issue.
We receive several messages from the users whenever they want to connect with Outlook. Then, Outlook for Mac password prompt issues which asks for a password repeatedly. This type of situation usually occurs if the Keychain Access program gets corrupted. Now, many of you will think what is Keychain Access? For your query, it is an inbuilt program in the Mac that stores and keeps the information of the email account login.
Why does Outlook keep asking for Password even though it is correct?
The main cause behind this issue is the Keychain Access Password due to which it asks for a password. It is an inbuilt feature of macOS that is designed for storing and saving the entire Mac-based applications.
But, this feature is prone to get corrupted or get damaged easily very often. Thus, it badly affects the work of the user. Keychain creates several copies of the tokens that make the situation worse in MS Outlook.
Mostly Used Free Techniques to fix the issue “Outlook for Mac Password Prompt”:
Users can fix this issue by deleting any cached passwords from the account. Also, the user has to remove or delete any authentication tokens from the keychain. One can do this process by using these steps-
- Firstly, quit from Outlook and all other Office applications.
- Then, initiate the Keychain Access through one of these methods:
- Tap on the Finder application, tap on Utilities located on the Go menu, and double-tap on Keychain Access.
- Then, type Keychain Access under Spotlight Search and double-tap Keychain Access in the search results.
- Now type Exchange in the search field in the Keychain Access.
- Choose each item to see the Account under the search result and tap Delete. Then, repeat this step and delete all items for your Exchange account.
- Next, type adal Inside the search field.
- Choose all items whose type is MicrosoftOffice15_2_Data: ADAL:<GUID>. Snap-on the Delete button.
- Enter the ‘office’ under the search field.
- After this, pick the items named as Microsoft Office Identities Cache 2 and Microsoft Office Identities Settings 2. After this, just make a click on Delete option.
- Finally, Quit the Keychain Access.
If the Microsoft Outlook 2016 For Outlook keeps asking for a password, then use your old password.
Users can use that password to update your current login keychain:
- First, in the application folder open the Keychain Access app located in the Utilities folder.
- Now, choose ‘login’ from the keychains list which is located on the left side of the window.
- Then, from the Edit menu in the menu bar, select “Change Password for Keychain ‘login.
- Next, type and enter the older password of the user account in the existing Password field. This is the password that users were using before the resetting password.
- Type the new password of your user account in the New Password field. This password now will be used to log in to the user’s Mac. Type the similar or exact password in the Verify field.
- Finally, tap OK when it gets finished, now quit Keychain Access.
These were the manual procedures to operate in case the Outlook for Mac password prompt issue occurs. If users lose or forget their password, then they can use the third-party tool to recover their password. Users can use the PST Password Recovery that will help in the recovery of the lost Outlook PST passwords. The software also displays the first two characters of passwords. It runs and supports all versions of MS Outlook 2016.
Now, many of the users will know what to do when Outlook keeps asking for a password or how to remove password from PST file. This blog also explained the importance of Key chain access. If a user uses this feature then he doesn’t have to worry about each password. If Outlook Mac keeps asking for the passwords, then it will be due to duplicate tokens in the key chain.
So, just use this manual procedure carefully. If the user loses his password, then he can recover it by using the PST Password Recovery tool.