Summary – Protecting PST Files with a password is a smart move to make it secure, but it would be a nightmare if you lose or forget that password. Therefore, we have brought the best methods to remove password from PST File. Our methods will help you to even crack the password of an encrypted or locked PST file. An automated tool i.e. the Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool can be a better choice for removing PST Password quickly otherwise you are free to choose the manual methods.
We all know that Outlook stores data in personal storage table (PST) files that consist of millions of data files like – calendar events, messages, and many more! In simple words, it carries very vital information. For privacy purposes, users create passwords for these files. But sometimes it’s not easy to remember the numerous passwords of these PST files.
Although it is a good practice to secure your emails in PST sometimes, if you forget the password PST, it becomes hard to open. Without opening it, you can’t access your important emails and mailbox contents in it. But, don’t worry, there are solutions to crack PST passwords for free. I’ll mention some scenarios in which you can eliminate the password from the Outlook PST file.
Different Scenarios to Remove Password from PST File
There are various situations under which you are required to Remove PST Password as follows –
- You wish to make your password more complicated for security purposes or some other reason.
- You might have forgotten the password and want to eliminate password protection in the file.
- There might be a situation where you do not want to further continue the password on your Outlook PST.
From the above scenarios, it is clear why you should need to remove a password from the PST file. Therefore, here you can check out some of the easy techniques to get rid of PST password protection.
Authentic Methods to Recover and Remove PST File Password
If your PST File is encrypted and password protected then it can’t be opened without entering the PST password. This will not allow having the right to start a protected-password PST file without your permission. The following methods will help you to Recover PST File Password. Please follow and understand the following steps that will help you in the future.
Method 1: Unlock a Locked PST File by Manually
In this method, you can unlock PST files by using some simple manual methods. However, you must know the password in this method using which you can remove or change the password from your data file.
- First, open your MS Outlook on your PC or Laptop.
- Then, go to the Account settings option in the Tools Option.
- After coming to your account settings, select the particular PST file from which you want to remove the password.
- After that click on the settings button.
- Then change the password from the Window of Outlook File Data.
- First, enter your old password then leave the other two blank.
- Click on the OK button.
Take note – This manual method is invalid in case you forget your credentials. You will also not be able to remove your old password from Outlook.
Method 2: Remove Password from Encrypted Outlook PST using the “pst19upg.exe” Tool
You can effortlessly use this free tool provided by Microsoft to upgrade the Outlook PST format to version 19. It is an authentic and reliable free utility that can upgrade your Outlook PST. It can also be used to crack PST passwords. Also, you need to use Scanpst.exe along with pst19upg.exe to remove PST encryption. Go through the below steps for doing this.
- First, you need to exit from MS Outlook.
- Then, create a sample of your MS Outlook from Documents>Outlook files.
- After that, move to C:\Program Files and write on the right corner of the Top, ‘SCANPST’.
- Then, hit on the Start Button.
- Download and launch Inbox Repair Tool on the PST file you have copied and click on the repair button.
- Moving ahead, write cmd as a command and run.
- Then, convert the file of PST into PSX with the help of the command – C:\Users\madro\Desktop\pst19\pst19upg.exe -x outlookcopy.pst.
- You can see that your PSX file is ready to run.
- Write the command – C:\Users\madro\Desktop\pst19\pst19upg.exe -i outlookcopy.pst.
- With the help of this command, you can straightforwardly create your password.
- Open this unlocked PST file in MS Outlook.
What are the Obstacles while doing by Manual Method?
- You have seen that this method is very time-taken and very complex to understand.
- Even technical users face so many difficulties while performing the manual method.
Method 3: PST Password Removal Method by using the Professional Method
Sometimes, when you don’t know the password and want to remove encryptions in the PST file, it is very difficult to unlock PST from password protection using manual methods. Also, the pst19upg.exe is not always helpful. In this situation, you need to employ a third-party Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool. Using it, you can recover any type of password irrespective of its complexity without even knowing the old password. It is a very effective tool and you can trust it.
Know More: How to Export PST File to Yahoo Mail?
Easy Steps to Recover PST File Password by Professional Method:
- First, download the Outlook PST password recovery tool.
- Then, click on the open button.
- After that, select the protected-password PST file. Again click on the open button.
- By clicking on the Get File Information, you can easily get information.
- After that, click on the recover button to remove and helps to recover the old password.
- In the end, copy the recovered password and exit from the software.
We’re Here to Wind Up!
Before finishing my blog, I just want to mention some topics which we’ve already covered in the above post. I have mentioned about three different methods to Remove password from PST file. The first one is the manual method, and the other one is the professional method. By using the third-party tool, you can effortlessly use this. You just have to upload the file. In the end, all decisions have to take by yourself. So, all the best for the future.