Hotmail is a web-based email client which is launched by Microsoft. However, millions of users face an irritating error, Hotmail not working. When your Outlook.com or Hotmail does not work, you will not receive any emails in your inbox. It may arise due to being unable accessing in Hotmail, poor connectivity, and many more.
In this guide, I will mention various ways to fix Hotmail inbox not working error. But before moving towards the possible solutions, you should know about the common reasons behind this issue.
Why is Hotmail Not Working?
There are various reasons behind Hotmail has stopped working.
- Incorrect details (Username & Password)
- Internet connection
- Cache and cookies
- Outdated version
- Improper configuration
- Missynced email filter
- Enabled Email forwarding option
- The old version of Outlook (Update ASAP)
- Server down problem
Here, I have mentioned some possible reasons on Hotmail does not work. Further, I will discuss several ways to fix the error of the Hotmail inbox not working.
How Can I Fix The Issue Of My Hotmail Not Loading Emails?
I have numerous ways to fix the issue of my Hotmail account is not working.
- Clear the cache and cookies.
- Delete the history of the browser.
- Cleanup and reset the web browser.
- Remove the extensions from Chrome.
- Check the POP/IMAP/SMTP Settings.
- Re-add your Hotmail Account on Windows OS.
- Update your MS Outlook account.
Here, I have mentioned a small overview of all the possible solutions to resolve the problem of Hotmail not working. Now, I will go through each of them in detail.
Solution 1: Clear The Cache And Cookies
- First, go to Google Settings or press Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
- After that, move to the privacy and security on the left-hand side.
- Now, a new dialog box will open for Privacy and Security. Click on the Clearing Browsing Data.
- Then, click on the Clear data button.
From the above solution, you can fix the problem of the Hotmail inbox not working. If it does not work, you can follow the other ways.
Solution 2: Delete The History Of The Browser
You can delete the history of your browser. Follow the below steps.
- First of all, open your Chrome > three horizontal dots icon.
- Thereafter, click on the History option.
- Now, click on the Clear browsing data option on the left side.
- After that, select the desired history you want to delete. If you wish to clear all history, select All time.
- Make sure to choose the boxes that you want to delete the history.
- Lastly, click on Clear data.
Solution 3: Cleanup And Reset The Web Browser
- Again, launch Chrome > three horizontal dots icon > More.
- Then, select Settings > Advanced button.
- Click the Reset and clean up option > Reset settings to their original defaults button.
- In the end, click on the Reset Settings button.
It will help users to fix the error of Hotmail not working.
Solution 4: Remove The Extensions From Chrome
If the above solutions are not working, you can remove the extensions from your Web browser.
- Open Chrome on your local system > three horizontal dots icon.
- After that, go to the More tools option > Extensions.
- Now, click on a particular extension, and click the Remove button.
- Lastly, click on the Remove button again to remove the desired extension.
Solution 5: Check The POP/IMAP/SMTP Settings
- To verify the IMAP or Incoming Mail Server, you should know about it.
- outlook.office365.com is the name of this server.
- 993 is the port number.
- SSL/TLS is the encryption mode.
- To examine the POP or Incoming Mail Server, you should know the basics of it.
- outlook.office365.com is the name of this server.
- 995 is the port number.
- SSL/TLS is the type of encryption mode.
- To check the SMTP or Outgoing Mail Server, follow the below points.
- smtp.office365.com is the website of SMTP.
- 587 is the port number.
- STARTTLS is the encryption mode.
- You can go through the above steps to resolve the issue of Hotmail not working.
Solution 6: Re-add Your Hotmail Account On Windows OS
Users can re-add their Hotmail Account on Windows Operating System to fix the problem of Hotmail has stopped working.
- Open the MS Outlook application on your local machine.
- Now, go to File > Info > Account Settings.
- After that, move to the Manage profiles option.
- Afterwards, choose Email Accounts.
- Make sure to select your Hotmail account.
- Then, click on the Remove button.
- To re-add your Hotmail account, open Microsoft Outlook again.
- Moving ahead, navigate to the Files tab.
- Further, click on the Add Account button below Info.
- Make sure to mention your Hotmail credentials to continue the login process.
- Finally, log out and log into your Hotmail account on Chrome.
Solution 7: Update Your MS Outlook Account
- Open MS Outlook and click on the File tab.
- After that, go to the Office Account option, which is in the navigation pane.
- Now, select Update Options.
- Here, move to the Automatic updates option, which is disabled.
- Then, click on the Enable updates option from the drop-down list.
In the end, your Microsoft Outlook will update automatically. You can follow and understand any of the solutions to fix the issue of Hotmail not working. I explained each of them in detail. But in case all the above methods are not working, you should do a backup of all Hotmail mailbox items.
For backing up all your mailbox of Hotmail, you can opt for the Sysinfo Hotmail Backup Tool. It is the most comprehensive and versatile software that saves Hotmail emails on the local machine. Even though you can exclude duplicate emails from the Hotmail account folders.
I am here to conclude all topics discussed and hope you got adequate knowledge from this technical guide. First, I have gone through the possible reasons of causing the Hotmail not working issue. After that, I mentioned numerous ways to resolve the problem of Hotmail not loading emails. You can follow any of the procedures where you feel easy to perform them. You can also check another blog to resolve the Can’t Open Hotmail emails in Outlook error.