You must be aware that the entire Google suite is a vital need of the day. It holds the key to many important aspects is it your business or your personal information. Gmail is very essential for survival. In the present scenario almost all the business is sitting on the cloud, but at the time, due to the change in work culture or the switch of job people want to take the back up of their important emails. Some of the emails have important and sensitive information too.
Gmail is not immune to the malware attack also. Deletion is one of the major issues faced by most of the users. This is why they want to export emails from Gmail to PST. In the month of July 2018, Google was attacked by hackers. They sent invites through Google Docs which enabled them to hack the Gmail accounts and fetch all the confidential information.
In such cases, most of the professionals rely on Outlook. It is one of the authentic web-based applications which safeguards your data and maintains its authenticity. So if you looking forwards to export Gmail emails to PST then luckily you are at the right stop. No one on earth can afford to lose important and confidential information. This is one of the facts that everyone wants to take the backup of their emails at other locations of the system.
So there is a lot who wants to take the backup of Gmail to PST and also want to save the data on the computer / hard drive for future reference. Luckily, you can easily transfer your emails if you are a Gmail user. Now I will be giving you some tips to export Gmail emails to PST.
Quick head out
In this article, I will let you know how to export a Gmail email to PST/ PC/ Hard Drive. let’s throw some light on the topics that I will be discussing further.
- How to Export Gmail Emails to PST and other different File Format
- Use Google takeout to Transfer Gmail Account
- Is Google takeout an effective tool?
- A one-stop shop to export emails from Gmail to PST.
- Bottom line
How to Export Gmail Emails to PST and other different File Format on your PC
Now the very first question arises before you start the Gmail emails to export is “where you want to save/download those e-mails, contact, messages, calendar and multiple documents of Google drive?”
Before you start the process it is important to maintain the authenticity of your data. In order to do so, it is necessary to focus on desktop-based clients who could take care of data and provide you with a personalized and customized touch. MS Outlook is one of the trusted web-based applications that maintain the integrity of the confidentiality of your data. In the MS Outlook data is stored in the PST format. Now before we proceed further let us know and understand what PST stands for.
PST stands for Personal Storage Table in MS Outlook
PST is the file format of MS Outlook. The outlook is known to be the desktop email client. It is the unit of Microsoft Office Suite. It manages all your personal information therefore it is known as Personal Information Manager. Outlook facilitates advance search option, spam filters and many other features which distinguish it from the other email clients.
Outlook stores all your data like meetings, calendars, appointments, tasks, notes, etc. in the PST format on your PC. It is a wise decision to export Gmail emails to PST file. Outlook PST has many plus points.
- PST file format is one of the compatible file formats. You can easily export data from one system to another.
- You can easily protect your PST file from any unauthorized access by setting the security code.
- There are two versions of MS Outlook, one is for windows and the other one is for the Mac. As I have mentioned earlier that PST file can be moved to a various number of suites like Gmail/ G suite accounting
- You can also export your PST to the cloud-based apps likewise, Yahoo, Hotmail, Office 365 and many more.
How to export Gmail to PST
We have discussed earlier that Gmail is compatible with other mailing suites. You can easily export all your data from Gmail to a number of other mailing applications. There is a free tool available to perform the action. Takeout is the free tool from Google that downloads and exports all your Gmail data on the local Now system in the MBOX file format. So let us discuss how to use Takeout to start the export process. It is a free utility by Google.
How to execute Takeout to export Gmail to PST
- Sign in to Takeout by entering your name and password
- Home screen will appear with multiple data items
- If you want to export only Gmail emails, then select On at the mail icon and switch off the button of other items. There will be two more options that are Include All of your mail & select labels. Choose the option as desired and continue
- If you have selected the Gmail option, a dialogue box will pop up on the screen. Select the preferred label and click Ok
- Click on Next
- Here, you can change the File type & Archive file size
- Now, select the delivery mode of the archive file. I recommend you to choose to send a download link via email option.
- Now click Create Archive button
Note:- the entire process will take time. It depends on the number and the length of mails that has to be exported. It might take hours to transfer or export a Gmail email to Outlook.
- Now login to your Gmail account to view the mails exported by the Takeout
- Then click on the Download archive button
- It will redirect you to the Takeout tab and start to download the Gmail emails as a ZIP format on the local drive.
- Now start exporting your files from the downloaded zip folder
- The files that you have extracted from the Zip folder will be in the Mbox format. You can further export them to another file format that is compatible with MBOX.
Google Takeout has certain limitations also. In some instances, it is not at all the practical approach.
Is Google Takeout an effective tool?
- If there is any interruption in your internet bandwidth during the process, then you have to re-attempt the download process
- It doesn’t guarantee you the complete download of the file on your system. Many times it downloads incomplete data.
- Date range filter is also not there in Takeout in order to export emails of any specific date
- Once the export process is completed you cannot transfer the emails/data that is latest received.
Looking at the limitations no one would put his data at risk. As I have discussed the Takeout tool fails in a mid-way one should try the advanced automated utility to export Gmail to PST. Sysinfo Gmail backup utility is a flawless tool that protects your data and it is compatible with all the formats like PST, EML, MBOX, HTML and so on. This utility is furnished with outstanding features. You will be through with the entire process in just a few clicks. It is very easy to use, even a beginner can easily operate this tool. In a nutshell, it is a One-Stop shop. Let’s explore how it works
Sysinfo Gmail backup utility- One stop shop to export Gmail e-mail to PST
Steps to use:
- Launch and sign in the Gmail backup software
- Select the format from the drop-down list in which you want to take the back-up file
- Choose the destination path for (Eg. Desktop) to save the Gmail back-up file
- Now select the Gmail folder that you want to download or take a backup, you can also go for the date filter range
- Use the naming convention option to save the back-up files in multiple naming formats. You can also choose” delete after download” if you want to delete them once you have taken the back-up
- Wait for the process to complete. Once the process completes click the OK button and save the files.
The bottom line
In this blog, I have discussed the methods to export Gmail email to PST. I have projected the Google Takeout utility which is free of cost but you cannot tackle it at your nascent stage. It needs the technical expertise to run and handle it. On the other hand, we have an automated solution that is really simple and easy to use. This utility is embedded with features like date range, folder filters, pause and resume etc. You can download the free edition from our website and go for the paid version if you like its features.