Summary:- Both Outlook and Yahoo mail are popular email clients. But sometimes, users need to export PST files to Yahoo Mail for many reasons such as data backup, access data offline, protecting Yahoo mail account, outage issues, etc. This blog will describe the best solution to import Outlook data to Yahoo Mail using the manual method. It also includes the most recommended PST Converter working to export PST files to Yahoo Mail in bulk.
What is a PST File in Outlook?
A personal storage file (PST) is an Outlook data file used to save the local copies of the messages, calendar events, tasks, journals, and other items from your Exchange mailbox. After the Outlook version 2003, it increased the demand for Outlook and made users think about Outlook for more reliability by maintaining their Outlook folders more frequently. It can contain all of your Outlook folders, including the Inbox, Calendar, and Contacts.
Some Reason to Avoid Using PST files
- PST files are rarely Saved Completely.
- There may be compliance issues in PST.
- Possibilities that PST files may get corrupted.
- It makes e-discovery functionality more difficult for users.
- Network-connected PSTs are not compatible.
- You can work with PST files on Outlook only.
Why Choose Yahoo Mail?
Outlook is a tailor-made email managing platform, but one or more users can consider that Yahoo mail is best due to several extraordinary benefits. Yahoo Mail is a free email service management provider launched on October 8, 1997, by the American organization; Yahoo. It enables you to stay connected to your email with one-tap access to your mailbox, supports multiple Yahoo accounts, and offers instant email alerts from any device.
Some Advantages of Yahoo Mail
- One of the most common reasons to use Yahoo Mail over Outlook is that it is free to use and easily usable. (To use Outlook, you have to purchase the whole Microsoft Office Suite.)
- Using Yahoo mail for managing personal information is the best experience for users. It offers some free and best social networking sites like Tumblr and Flickr.
- Able to protect your data from any type of virus attack by using the Norton Antivirus.
- There is no need to worry about data corruption and loss due to malware. So, export PST files to Yahoo Mail.
- Yahoo Mail provides you storage space of 1TB for free to manage data. Hence, it enables its users to store data as much as they want.
- PST file acquires space on your computer that ultimately affects your hard drive. On the other hand, Yahoo Mail is web-based and stores all the emails in the cloud.
- Yahoo Mail enables you to search anything on the web, either news, technology, questions, or anything you want.
How to Open a PST file in Yahoo Mail?
Here, we describe the two methods to import PST file to Yahoo Mail. Both the steps of the methods are easy-to-perform, and there are no chances of data loss.
- Configure Yahoo Account in Outlook
- Convert PST to Yahoo Mail
Configure Yahoo Account in Outlook
To export OST files in Yahoo Mail, you can configure the Yahoo mail with Microsoft Outlook. Once you connect both accounts, you can easily view Outlook PST data on Outlook. So to-do-so, follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Select the Info section, and click on the Add Account button.
- Now, enter your Yahoo Mail address, and then choose Connect.
- Here, you have to enter your app password. ( To generate an app password of Yahoo Mail, follow the steps)
- Click on the Connect, and your Yahoo Mail account gets added to Outlook.
Steps to Import PST to Yahoo using Import Outlook Method
- Start Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Select the Open & Export section and choose the Import/Export option.
- Here, choose Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Then select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next.
- Now, click on the Browse button and select your file from the location.
- From the managing duplicates options mentioned, select the preferable one as per your need. Click on the Next button to proceed.
- Here, you have to choose the path where you want to import your items and from the drop-down, opt with the linked Yahoo email id.
- After that, click on the Finish button.
Export PST files to Yahoo Mail Using Professional Software
SysInfo PST Converter is the most top-rated utility worldwide to export PST files into Yahoo Mail and other email clients with 100% data accuracy. The software is competent enough to export PST items into Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Thunderbird, AOL, etc. It also allows users to convert PST files into PDF, OST, CSV, MBOX, PNG, etc.
Steps to Open PST files into Yahoo Mail
- Start Sysinfo PST Converter and run it as administrator.
- Select options: Single File or Multiple Files or Folder.
- After adding the PST files in the tool, click Next.
- Check the folders from the tree that you want to export.
- Here, you can also preview the mail and their attachment files.
- Choose Yahoo Mail from the drop-down list.
- Enter your Yahoo mail email address and third-party app password to Sign In.
- Opt for features if required:
- Remove Duplicate Mail:- To exclude duplicate emails of chosen folders.
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy:- To preserve the original folder hierarchy.
- Migrate or Backup emails Without Attachments files:- To drop the attachments files.
- You can also select these options:
- Mail Filter:- To separate emails between two date ranges.
- Task Filter:- To filter tasks on two dates.
- Custom Folder Name:- To assign the name of the resultant folder.
- Click on the Convert button to start the conversion of PST files into Yahoo Mail.
If the user wants to export PST files to Yahoo Mail in a trouble-free method, go for the SysInfo PST Converter tool. However, the manual solution can also convert PST files into Yahoo mail.