Do you have trouble moving Maildir files into Outlook NSF? Then you are at the right page. Here, you will find the working procedure to Convert Maildir to PST Free manually as well as professionally.
Firstly, let us discuss some points about Maildir and PST files:
Maildir Files: It is a type of format used for storing and saving email messages over the server in its database. Using this, users have a feature to save every email message in a specific file with a unique filename, and each folder of Maildir files is called a directory. It provides users the option to save files in three sub-directory like a cur, tmp, and new.
Outlook PST Files: MS Outlook is a top-rated email client and uses PST file format to provide users online access. It is mainly used to send and receive crucial information. One can use Outlook to manage and store different mailbox items like emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use for all enterprises, professionals, and home users.
Why Do We Need to Convert Maildir to PST Free?
- Sometimes, people want to export Maildir to Outlook PST.
- Maildir files are an email format, but they are totally based on the internet server, and because of this, users want to convert Maildir to PST.
- Using Maildir files, one can not get the authority to access the mailbox directory.
- There is always a need to establish a proper internet connection to access Maildir data.
- Data stored in the Maildir files can not be accessed in offline mode.
These are the several needs of the users that insist them to export Maildir items into Outlook PDF format. Any Question arises: How do We Convert Maildir to PST Free? Well, Don’t Worry. Let us check out the steps to transfer Maildir to PST free Manually.
Manual Method to Export Maildir Emails Into PST
To transfer Maildir files to Outlook PST, you will have to export Maildir files from the server and then save them into the local drive. Implement the following steps, to-do-so:
Save Maildir Files from the Server
First of all, users have to create a folder in which the exported items of Maildir files will be saved. Follow the steps mention to export Maildir files on the PC:
- Open and connect to the server of any website.
- Now, tap on the mail folder and explore the files that you want from the server.
- You can view all Maildir file folders like draft, sent, trash, cur, temp, new, etc.
- Here, you have to create a Maildir file(subfolders) backup in the local drive.
Convert Maildir to PST Free
Follow the mentioned working procedure to export Maildir to PST free:
- Firstly, open Microsoft Outlook and log In with the required credentials.
- Now, Click on the File tab.
- Here, select the Open & Export section and opt with the Import/Export option from the menu.
- On another wizard, select the Import from another program or file option from the menu and tap on the Next button.
- Opt with Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tap Next.
- Click on the Browse button to add the Maildir files which you want to import from the local derive.
- You can apply different options as per your requirements and click Next.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to end the importing process.
After performing the above steps correctly, one can export Maildir items into Outlook PST.
But sometimes, using a manual technique can be time-consuming. In addition, the solution does not claim whether it can help users achieve all data or not. There is also the chance of data loss and need technical expertise.
Professional Solution to Convert Maildir to PST
Need not worry, you can use the automated method to convert Maildir to PST freely. This SysInfo Maildir Converter is a secure and top-notch utility to export Maildir/Maildir++ files into Outlook PST and other 15+ different file/image/document formats. It is well-designed to convert Maildir sub-directories like a cur, tmp, and new to PST files without any data loss. Additionally, one can also transfer Maildir items to multiple web/cloud-based email clients.
Working Steps of the Automated Solution
- Download and Install the SysInfo Maildir Converter.
- Add Maildir files into the software and click Next.
- On another wizard, you can view the tree containing folders.
- Check the folders from the tree you want to export.
- Here, you can also preview mail and their attachments.
- Select PST from the drop-down menu of Saves/Backup/Migrate As.
- According to your requirements, you can opt for different built-in features.
- Click on the Path To Save button and locate the destination.
- Finally, to begin the conversion of Maildir into PST, click Convert.
- You can also download the log reports of migration.
In this blog, we will discuss the methods to convert Maildir to pst free. Moreover, know about the Maildir and Outlook files and the different reasons behind the conversion of Maildir files into PST. It is suggested that, opt for a professional solution instead of using a manual for effective and safe migration.