Thunderbird is an open-source and that plays a crucial role in many users. It allows users to manage emails, Newsfeeds, Newsgroups, and other mailbox features. Since Outlook is a paid version, so many users are switching to Thunderbird. Here, the queries strike to them is How to import PST file to Thunderbird?
Well, considering those queries I will describe the different solutions by which you can easily migrate PST Files to office365, thunderbird. Before the solution So, let us find out the advantages while migrating to Thunderbird.
Advantages of Importing PST File to Thunderbird
Various advantages influence the users to import PST files. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Pocket Friendly: Thunderbird is free of cost application.
- Spam Filtering: The Spam Filter is a great feature of Thunderbird due to which many users want to migrate PST File to Thunderbird.
- Multiple Compatibility: Thunderbird is an application that runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, and UNIX. If you are accessing more than one platform, then you have to convert the PST files.
- Security of Data: The data security option helps you to save data from malicious users.
- Personal Preference: Users use different desktop-based email clients for home and office. Hence, it is wise to import the Outlook PST file into Thunderbird.
These are the advantages while migrating the PST file to Thunderbird. So, coming to the solution for importing Outlook PST files to Thunderbird.
How to Import PST File to Thunderbird?
The Mozilla Thunderbird supports the file format as MBOX rather than PST. So, firstly, PST files must be converted into the MBOX format. So, to convert the files into the MBOX format, follow the step by step guide given below:
Here, I am going to describe the best possible solution to import PST file to Thunderbird.
- Import PST files to Thunderbird.
- Import PST files to Thunderbird Using Google Takeout.
Import PST Files to Thunderbird
Well. the first approach is to set the outlook application as your default program. Continue with the procedures to import PST files to Thunderbird:
- Go to the Start button, click on the Default Program, and then on Set Your Default Program.
- Now Select Outlook from the Program and Click on the Set this Program as Default.
- Then, click on the Display the Thunderbird Menu.
- Go to the Tools option and then on Import.
- Choose the Mail option or you can opt for the Import Everything option. Click on the Next option to proceed.
- Now, you have to choose file type as Outlook, continue with the Next option.
- At last click on the Finish button to complete the procedure of Import.
This is the process through which you can import PST file to Thunderbird
Use of Google Takeout to import PST file to Thunderbird
The second approach by which you can import the PST files of Outlook to MBOX format is as follows:
- Enable IMAP settings by opening your Gmail account.
- Go to the File option and then click on the Add Account option.
- Hit the Enter button after filling in the login credentials.
- Now, create a folder within the newly configured Gmail ID and move the desired Outlook emails to that folder.
- Login into the Google account and open the Google Takeout.
- Deselect all options from the Select data to include tab,
- Do not forget to check the Mail option only. Also, make sure to check the Include all message in Mail option provided under the All Mail data included category. Click Next after making the necessary changes.
- Now, Specify the Delivery method, Export type, File type & size, and hit the Create archive button.
- Click on the Download option to save the ZIP file.
- Now, extract the ZIP file in MBOX format containing all the trash and spam mails as well.
- Finally, import the MBOX file in the Thunderbird application.
Hence, Mozilla Thunderbird will itself import all the emails in the required folder.
The steps mentioned above will help to migrate PST files to Thunderbird. But, there are some chances of interferences while migrating such as data loss, inconsistency, time-consuming and so. Hence, I recommend you to use SysInfotools PST Converter Tool that will easily import Outlook PST files to Thunderbird with no data loss. It also maintains data integrity throughout the conversion process.
Let Us Recall
Many users are switching from Outlook to the Thunderbird application due to its compatibility and many other reasons such as the paid version of Outlook. So, they want to import all their emails to Thunderbird. Hence, I have given solutions to import PST files to Thunderbird. Moreover, I have given an expert solution that easily imports the PST files to Thunderbird.