Do you want to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook! You are at the right place. Here, this blog will tell you exactly how to Export Thunderbird to Outlook.
How Thunderbird and Outlook are Different?
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular and widely used email applications. Outlook executes multiple functions including email, team scheduler, and communication manager. Thunderbird, on the other hand, Outlook is a free and open-source cross-platform email program that can be installed on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
Then Why Outlook?
As Outlook is wider and more versatile and offers more efficient solutions. Therefore, most Thunderbird users switch to Outlook. It is more flexible and at the developmental end, it does not need any modifications.
Let us discuss all the sufficient measures to export Thunderbird MBOX emails to Outlook on Mac and Windows. There are two essential ways for migrating Thunderbird emails to Outlook as shown below:
Export Thunderbird to Outlook on Mac & Windows Manually
Thunderbird emails can be easily migrated to Outlook. Whether you are a Windows user or Mac user, you can easily take help of these methods:
- Convert using IMAP
- Using Drag-and-Drop Method
Step 1: Convert using IMAP
- Enable IMAP on your Gmail account: Follow the below steps:
- Open and login to the Gmail account.
- Then go to setting option.
- Choose Forwarding POP/IMAP.
- Tick to Enable IMAP server.
- Configure Thunderbird and Gmail account: Now, open the settings of Thunderbird Account and click on email under the option to create a new account. Navigate to “skip this and set up an existing email” option and then click to open it.
- Then all relevant information appears to be filled out in the Mail Account Setup window; press Continue.
- In the same window, a new pop-up opens; allow IMAP server and press Done.
- Your account has been configured successfully.
- Now, if you collect all your data from Thunderbird, create a file in your Gmail account and export your data from Thunderbird to Gmail.
- Check whether or not all data has been exported to the Gmail account.
- If exporting all data, then configure MS Outlook with IMAP server to Gmail.
Step 2: Using Drag-and-Drop Method Export Thunderbird to Outlook
In this section, we first export Thunderbird MBOX data in EML format then import it into MS Outlook.
Let’s begin with exporting Thunderbird data in EML format.
- Initially, make a new folder on the desktop ( give a name to the folder).
- Then select email messages in Thunderbird that you want to move into Outlook.
- Move all selected email messages from Thunderbird to a new folder using drag and drop option.
Secondly, Import EML Files to Outlook
- Open MS Outlook after exporting data to a new folder.
- Similarly, move all content into the Outlook folder using the drag-and-drop option.
Both of these methods are not adequate to convert MBOX file. You can miss a file by these manual approaches. Therefore, it is best to go for qualified solutions for 100% security. Such manual ways are good enough to transfer Thunderbird to Outlook but if you’re looking for a professional one-click solution that doesn’t allow you to follow as many measures as above, then MBOX Exporter is the best utility available to migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
This software easily and quickly transforms your entire mail items including all mail items with ease. If you use a range of MBOX files then this tool works like a magic and transforms all Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook PST files that you can open in your Outlook. This is a well-designed approach to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook for Mac & Windows operating system which provides you with full conversion without any trouble.
This utility converts the whole mailbox into an Outlook folder that can be directly imported and also helps you to export the MBOX emails into different other formats like PDF, EML, EMLX, MSG and etc. This software supports multiple email clients including Thunderbird, Entourage, Spicebird, Netscape, Incredimail, ClawsMail, Pocomail, AppleMail, OperaMail, MozillaMail Eudora, Evolution, Sylpheed, Mulberry, SeaMonkey, etc. It is compatible with windows and mac.
Try to export Thunderbird to Outlook straight forward by the video given below:
We have covered both the methods such as manually and directly convert Thunderbird to Outlook. Manual methods are rarely given correct output without any trouble during the conversion process that’s why users go for a professional approach. So, for professional or direct solutions always use MBOX Exporter to transfer Thunderbird to Outlook on Mac and Windows OS.