Microsoft Word needs no introduction. We all are using it in our daily life. The popularity of the Microsoft Word program has grown considerably over the past decade. You would’ve faced the corruption somewhen if you’ve been using it since long. Documents created by Microsoft Word program are prone to corruption. In order to access corrupt Word file, you must repair it. The only possible way to do it is by using a professional Word Repair tool. In this post, we’ll compare top 5 Word Repair tools available in the market.
Microsoft Word is a reliable Word processor program widely used to create various type of documents like letters, notes, articles, contracts, resumes, ads, etc. Word documents are always important, and it’s literally a big loss if you lose them due to corruption.
Reasons for Corruption
There are various reasons behind a corrupt Word file. But it’s always difficult to figure out the exact reason behind corruption. Anyway, I’ve found these reasons are highly responsible for a corrupt Word file: virus infection, bugs attack, storage media failure, sudden system shutdown, abruptly cancellation of the Word program, software malfunction, and sometimes human errors also.
You’re lucky if you have the backup. You can easily restore Word documents from it. But if there’s no backup, you must repair Word file in order to prevent data loss.
How to repair Word file?
Many times I’ve seen that Word users search for free solutions to repair Word file. Unfortunately, there’s no such free solution. But it’s possible to repair Word file manually. I’ve already shared few easy manual tricks in this post – Repair Word Document by using 4 Easy Manual Tricks
In a case of severe corruption, the manual tricks may fail or not work for you. In such a situation, you should always look forward to a professional Word recovery software.
List of Word Recovery Software
If you search in the market, you’ll find many vendors provide Word recovery software. It’s always difficult to choose one over other when there are many options. I’ve listed top 5 Word Repair tool below:
#1 – Word Repair Tool from SysInfoTools Software
This one is my favorite, and that’s why I’ve ranked it #1. This was the first file recovery software I ever used in my life. In the past few years, SysInfoTools Software has emerged as one of the best software providers in the field of data recovery. Via this Word Repair tool from SysInfoTools Software, you can repair Word file saved in DOCX format (used by MS Word 2007 and later versions).
I’ve listed both the advantages and disadvantages below:
SysInfoTools Word Repair tool has many advantages, such as
- The user-interface of this software is highly interactive and user-friendly. When I was using it, I never felt it was my first time. So it’s really amazing that you can use a software without requiring any prior technical expertise.
- At a time, you can select multiple Word files to perform batch recovery.
- The preview feature is really impressive. You can check the preview of recovered texts and images separately.
- It takes very less time in scanning a corrupt Word file, compared to other Word recovery software.
- If you’re concerned about the price of this tool, you shouldn’t worry about it. You just need to spend $49.00 to avail this Word repair tool.
It has fewer features, compared to other Word recovery software. It only supports corrupt Word file saved in DOCX format.
#2 – Word Repair Tool from Office Recovery
I’ve put this Word Repair tool at #2 position just because I’ve personally used it before. OfficeRecovery is one the best software providers providing many file recovery tools including this one. It can successfully repair Word file and recover Word file objects like text and formatting, tables, bulleted lists, embedded graphics and images, charts and drawings, headers and footnotes, fields, including URLs, OLE objects and much more.
Before you look forward to using this software, let’s find out some advantages and disadvantages:
This Word Repair tool provides you a wide range of features which you may not get in other tools.
- It supports corrupt Word file (DOC, DOCX, and DOCM) created by MS Word 95, 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Also, it supports recovery from corrupt RTF file.
- It provides basic support for Word for Macintosh files.
- Furthermore, the scanning speed is just amazing.
- No worries if the Word files (created by MS Word 2003 and earlier versions) are password-protected.
- If the total size of your files is below 100 MB, you can use the OfficeRecovery cloud service to recover files online.
If we talk about the disadvantages, it has three major ones. The first and the foremost concern of any user is the price of the software. The standard license will cost you $69.00. Even the standard license doesn’t support batch recovery unlike enterprise license ($103.00) and service license ($117.00). There’s no preview feature. During Word file recovery, you can’t see the preview of your data which you can actually recover.
#3 – Word Repair Tool from Remo Software
If the price is your topmost concern, this Word Repair tool is the most affordable solution. And if we talk about its performance, you won’t be disappointed. As a result, this tool from Remo software comes at #3. It can quickly scan corrupt Word file (DOC & DOCX) and recover maximum possible data without causing any sort of changes.
Let’s find out the advantages and disadvantages of this Word Repair tool:
- First of all, the price is relatively low, compared to other Word recovery software. It’s just $39.97.
- It supports both DOC and DOCX files created by all popular versions of Microsoft Word program.
- It can successfully recover text, formatting, OLE objects, fields including hyperlinks from the corrupt Word file.
- Also, you’re allowed to check the preview of your data which you can recover from the corrupt Word file.
It doesn’t have a wide range of features. Also, the user-interface is not that interactive. Even, the scanning speed doesn’t impress you. And if you want to repair multiple files at a time, you won’t find any way to do that.
#4 – Word Repair Tool from DataNumen
This Word Repair tool is the best Word recovery software. DataNumen is the only company that provides best recovery guarantee. It actually claims that no other Word Repair tool can recover more data than this tool. So if any other tool can recover more data than this tool, you’ll get a 100% refund from the company.
Let’s find out the advantages and disadvantages of this Word Repair tool:
If we talk about the advantages, no other Word repair tool is better than this tool provided by DataNumen.
- The major advantage of this tool is the maximum data recovery guarantee (my favorite).
- It supports corrupt Word file (DOC & DOCX) created by MS Word 6.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Also, it can recover data from the temporary files in a case you haven’t saved the Word files.
- At a time, you can select single as well as multiple Word files for batch recovery (time-saving feature).
- It can repair Word file stores in the corrupt storage media like floppy disks, Zip disks, CD-ROMs, etc.
The most noteworthy drawback I’ve found is the price. It’s $89.95, the most expensive Word Repair tool. When I get the same results at the lowest price, why would I purchase this software?
#5 – Word Repair Tool from Stellar
Stellar is one of the best names in the field of data recovery. There are many vendors in the market which provide Word Repair tool, and Stellar’s Word Repair tool comes at #5. It’s highly capable of restoring all the original text, images, fonts, headers/footers, and hyperlinks from corrupt Word file.
Stellar always provides good features in its products. There are many advantages in this Word repair tool, such as
- It has three modes to scan corrupt Word file: Simple, Advance, and Raw.
- It can repair Word file and restore maximum possible data from it.
- You can check the preview of your data before saving them.
- It supports corrupt Word file (both DOC & DOCX) created by MS Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- The preview feature is also available in the demo version.
The very first thing that doesn’t impress me is its scanning speed. It’s very time-consuming. it may take more than enough time to scan even a small Word file. In a case of severe corruption, the software often crashes during the scanning process.