Have you ever imagined why Outlook duplicates appear in PST files? Having duplicate items in Outlook may cause a lot of issues or problems. It may cause great confusion or disorder in Outlook. Due to this, Outlook email client will start to slow down in performance. You can easily remove Outlook duplicates from PST files manually. I ensure you all your emails and other mailbox items will remain intact after using this manual trick. You can also try a 3rd party Outlook Duplicate Remover tool.
Duplicate Items in Outlook
Being an Outlook user, you must have seen multiple copies of a particular email message or mailbox item in your PST file. These copies of particular mail items are duplicate items in Outlook. A duplicate item may be anything, such as an email message, contact, calendar entry, note, task or an attachment.
Reasons for Duplicates Items in Outlook PST files…
There could be many reasons which can cause duplicates items Outlook PST files.
- You can receive multiple copies of a particular email message either from your friend, colleague, or client. Sometimes few companies or organizations send you the same email message, newsletter or press release many times to gain your attention towards them. This will cause duplicate items in Outlook PST files.
- While performing the synchronization with a laptop or mobile device, it the process gets interrupted or performed incorrectly, it may cause duplication in your Outlook mailbox.
- Due to a fault in the mail server, you may have unwanted duplicate items in your mailbox. Make sure that the “Leave Messages on the Server” settings option is not activated.
- If the configuration of Outlook rules is not performed correctly, this situation may lead to email duplication. Make sure the “Move a copy to” rule is applied only a single time to a particular email message, not two or more than two times.
- If the process of merging PST files into a single file, is performed incorrectly, it may also result in duplication too.
These are few common reasons which may cause Outlook duplicates in your PST files. Having a large number of duplicate items may cause you a great confusion. This will also increase the size of your mailbox day by day. And then a time will come a time when your mailbox size will reach to its maximum size, i.e. 2 GB for ANSI PST and 20 GB for Unicode PST. This may cause some serious problems for Outlook users. A heavy mailbox will cause slow Outlook performance. You may also face corruption due to oversized PST files.
Outlook users might also be interested in
How to remove Outlook duplicates?
To maintain the speed and performance of your Outlook email client, you must clean your mailbox regularly. Cleaning the mailbox doesn’t mean removing or deleting all the mailbox data. In fact, it means removing all the unwanted or unnecessary items as well as removing or deleting Outlook duplicates from the PST files. By doing this in a regular manner, you can easily maintain the size of your Outlook mailbox and avoid unwanted and problematic situations.
There are two methods to remove Outlook duplicates from your Outlook PST files: one is a manual trick and another one is a 3rd party professional solution. The manual trick is very helpful, but it may take some time as you need to perform everything manually. There’s no need to use any paid software for that. All you need to use is Microsoft Outlook client, that’s it. Follow the steps given below according to your MS Outlook version:
For MS Outlook 2010:
Step 3: Now change the folder view to a table type view. I’m already on a table type view mode. The screenshot shown below will tell you how to check it.
Click Manage Views… to know on which view mode you are currently, i.e. either folder view or table view.
Note: You can use the following combinations of views and fields:
Step 8: Make sure the duplicate items you want to remove have a unique date from the original set of items. Click the Modified heading in order to sort the items by this field.
For MS Outlook 2007 or 2003:
You can use the same steps shown above for previous versions of MS Outlook, such as 2007 and 2003.
Smart Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Solution
There is one more thing you try here to remove Outlook duplicates from your Outlook PST files. You can try a 3rd party software utility that can safely remove Outlook duplicates which include email messages, contacts, calendar entries, notes, tasks, journal entries as well as attachments. The Outlook Duplicate Remover tool of SysInfoTools Software is an award-winning and time-tested solution to remove duplicate emails and remove duplicate contacts from Outlook PST files. You can try this tool for free. It is available with free demo version that will allow you to remove duplicate items from first 25 mailbox items of each selected mailbox folder of selected PST files.